Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The BIG Leap


What is beyond death – either being remembered or being forgotten? But that depends upon for whom you have lived – for others or for yourself

Yes!!! I am nearing 30s. ( but 2 more years, 760 more days J remaining) and I am often met with this 5 lakh Rs. Question – ‘When will you get married?’. This makes me wonder, is it really a religious sin or legally committed crime to stay single at this age.

Expert opinions and amateur experiences – they keep coming like the uncalled for 'Buy set top box ads' during the recent times. Uncles and aunties sell their life experiences, about marrying at the right time, helping out parents, settling for life etc as pearls of wisdom. Newly wed friends, still star stuck give good reviews as if marriage is like all the romantic-drama movie titles.

Me thinks marriage must be the first MLM to come in world. And the pyramid is still growing with people in the above levels gaining pleasure on getting one more chap into the fraudulent scheme (“aai neeyum maatikkittiyaa” ). Man!!! and those ceremonies, the preparations, have we done so many things while going to school, college and work? . Now, don’t argue that is too big an event – then why don’t people just not work and get married.

For an average middle class bloke like me, freedom blossoms in late 20s – post college proving my worth, getting a job, settling in it and changing from being dependent to being depended upon in the family. At this juncture, one has the full power of doing anything he wants, but still enjoys responsibly with friends, outings, small parties here and there and the end of the day living a happy bachelor’s life. Now, where the hell comes this cruel intention of pushing him into a life long struggle of marriage? Can’t I enjoy my full cup of freedom till its last drop?

Yes I know, I am getting old, friends got married, parents not the so active anymore. Cant one increase this yielding age to marriage? With all the advancements in science, can’t my mom cook still for one more decade? Can’t I get married post 30? And what guarantee that the future sons and daughters are going to take care of their parents?

Oh my married friend, just that you jumped off the cliff unhurt and still adrenaline rushing, don’t ask me to jump. Coz I am still scared, because from where you have landed there is no coming back.

2 comments:

byd said...

i totally understand dude... except for the part abt mom cooking :P...

Murali said...

rajesh.. super da.. namma mindvoice supera capture pannirukka! write like this.. ippedi ellam pesittu mavane seeikiram kalyanam panna avlo dhaan.